Personal Coaching is about partnering with individuals (or people/teams) to identify opportunities to do things better, easier or differently. An opportunity to evaluate existing methods and techniques and make changes where needed. A collaboration to create new strategies, methodologies or processes to improve efficiencies while moving forward in an agile manner; never afraid of change. It involves working closer, in a 1:1 environment to take what already exists then evaluating and improving it. Sometimes this leads to change, sometimes it simply leads to validation.
Agile Marketing techniques are one way of improving productivity and focus in your day to day work. This customised approach to workflow is easy to learn and understand and can offer significant increases in output while still remaining flexible to always focus on the most important work.
Some of the more common reasons you might seek out coaching support for your eCommerce, Social Media Marketing and Digital Marketing initiatives include:
- you want to know what digital tools and software exist to help your marketing and e-commerce efforts
- you just want to know that you (or your team) are doing the right thing, and using tools effectively
- you want to know that the methodologies and techniques you are using are current and productive
- you want to know you’re using the social networks effectively or want to know what networks you should be on
- you just want some help taking the digital tools you already use and maximising their effectivity
- you need help automating tasks to make up for being an individual or small team with limited resource
Coaching is a personal approach that is different to direct training. Rather than holding a training session or classroom style event, it is allowing someone to enter your world or workplace to partner with you for success. It’s direct access to have your specific needs met, questions answered and receive direct input relating to your personal situation.
Common areas for digital coaching usually include:
- Agile Marketing – what does it even mean? How does it work? How to get started with an Agile Marketing process for your daily and weekly work. What will it improve and how do I stay committed to it? What benefits will it to me?
- email Marketing – collection, creation, A/B testing, segmenting and more. Mailchimp is the most commonly used platform but there are many others including campaign monitor, listrak, emma etc. Are you making the most of the platform you’re using?
- Marketing Automation – where to activate it, how to activate it, what tools to use?
- Analytics – are you using Google Analytics? Do you know how to use it effectively? What are you reporting on, what is normal and what are industry standards for analytics in your market? What about Data Studio, Tableau, Domo, Gecko, Cyfe and other tools that could improve how you monitor your KPI’s etc.
- Conversion Optimisation (CRO) – do you have tools now, what would it mean if you did have them? How to use testing effectively to increase conversion rates. A/B Testing, A/B/n testing or multivariate. What metrics to focus on and how to know what your goals should be.
- eCommerce platform utilisation – if you’re thinking of moving to a new platform how to choose the right one? If you have a platform now are you using it effectively? Is merchandising a big deal? How do you manage products faster and make your life easier? Shopify, Big Commerce, WooCommerce, Salesforce Commerce (demandware), Magento and more. It’s a lot to manage.
- Paid Advertising – maybe you have a Google Adwords account now. Maybe you have a social media network and are already paying for Instagram and Facebook advertising. Digital Marketing Coaching can offer you personal insights into how to improve the work you are already doing.
- Customer Service Software / Voice of the Customer (VoC) – Zendesk, Freshdesk, Drift, Live Person are just some of the tools available for you to manage your customer interactions more efficiently. You probably have something you’re using now but have you maximised the benefits of these powerful tools? Automation, Customer Engagement and Reporting. Most importantly is it saving you time?
The focus should always result in making your life easier and ensuring your customers are getting the best service possible.